In Party Chat mode (must be selected prior to streaming and can be set as the default in Settings), the GOLD Show Interface appears at the top of your streaming page next to the tabs at the left.
Opening the GOLD Show interface, the following fields must be filled in before the request can be started:
- What I’ll do: Text that will appear at the top of the user’s chat, enticing them to buy into your GOLD Show performance. This will appear during the preshow, as well as to users outside the performance once it starts.
- GOLD Requested: The total amount that you want collected from all users in order to start your performance.
- Minimum Buy In: The amount you want each individual user to contribute to be able to see the performance. You may set this value to “0” ONLY if you are doing a non-explicit show. If minimum buy in is set to “0”, everyone in your chat will view your performance, as you will remain in guest chat.
- Minutes I’ll Do It: Once your performance starts, this is how long the show must last. Once a show request has started you must start and complete the performance to earn any of the GOLD pledged toward your show. If the show ends early, all GOLD earned will be forfeited.
- Minutes to Goal: This is the amount of time that you can specify for your guest audience to pledge GOLD to reach your requested GOLD amount to start your performance. The show will begin when time expires and the goal is reached. If the goal is not reached GOLD is returned to users.
Once the request has started, the amount requested will appear at the top (Goldometer) with your goal timer and the button will change to let you know that by pressing it you can get access to the GOLD Show Setup box in order to ‘Cancel’ or ‘Start Show’ at any time during the preshow.
NOTE: Show can start at any time during the preshow by reopening the setup window and starting the show. Also, you cannot be taken private at any point during a GOLD Show.
Top Five Contributors (current show)
You can easily see who the top five GOLD contributors are both pre-show and during the show by clicking on the GOLD tab below your preview window.
- Your customer will only appear on the list if they have given more than the minimum required for the show.
- The amount sums ALL the gold that your customer has contributed towards that show. (If they give 5 for entry to show, then another 5 in the preshow, and a further 5 during the show, the number you will see next to their name will be 15) .
- Your audience WILL NOT see this new table, it’s up to you to decide whether you want to talk to them about it or not.
- If two customers give the same amount the one who contributed first will be in the top position.
- If GOLD Show is cancelled, list is reset.
- The most recent list from your session will be available on the GOLD tab until a new pre-show is started (as long as the show completed without being cancelled). You will have to click on the ‘Gold’ tab to see the figures.
User experience – Preshow
User’s Goldometer will show the total gold collected thus far. The model Goldometer will show how much gold is needed to reach your goal. You can see how your show topic, GOLD requested and goal countdown will be displayed in the example below:
- During the GOLD Show preshow, the “go private” button and the GOLD button are replaced with the “Give GOLD Now” popup (see below).
- This is similar to giving GOLD at other times except these amounts go toward your goal.
- Even if the user already gave the minimum to reserve their spot, they can give additional GOLD and it will count toward your goal as long as you are still in your preshow.
Starting the show
NOTE: Show can start at any time during the preshow by reopening the setup popup and starting the show.
- If you reach your goal before a minute is left on the counter, the Goldometer will spin to read “GOLD!” and a visual effect will happen for both you and your users.
- If you are broadcasting audio, there will also be a shimmering sound played.
- Users will also be sent an alert that the goal was reached and that your show will start soon.
- You will be presented a popup (see below) that gives you 90 seconds to start your show.
- If you either select “Cancel” or take no action, the show will be canceled and you will forfeit all of the GOLD collected up to that point. Since your goal can be reached at any time during the preshow, it is best not to step away from your computer during a preshow.
- If you don’t reach your goal before a minute is left on the counter, you will be presented a popup (see below) that gives you 90 seconds to start your show or forfeit any of the GOLD collected toward your performance.
NOTE:If “Minutes to Goal” = 1, the below “Goal not reached in time” popup is immediately presented
- If you “Start Show”, the Goldometer will spin to read “GOLD!” on the user side (not for you) as if you reached your goal.
- If you either select “Cancel” or take no action, the show will be canceled and you will forfeit all of the GOLD collected up to that point.
- If you attempt to stop your showing during a GOLD Show preshow or performance, you will get a warning.
- If you attempt to cancel the GOLD Show during the preshow, you will get a warning.
- If you get the Start Show popup box and don’t act during the 90 seconds you’re given to Start Show, the performance will automatically be canceled.
- Performance Countdown will replace Goal Countdown.
- The GOLD button will change to clearly indicate that the GOLD show is now ‘Live’
- In order to be paid for the show, you must do your show for the amount of time you specified in the “Minutes I’ll do it” box.
- Regular GOLD can be given to you while in a performance.
- In-line chat alerts and earnings in your stats will appropriately display GOLD Show vs. GOLD.
- If minimum buy in was
- greater than 0, after the show ends you will be given the standard countdown to go back to guest chat, as if you were leaving a paid session.
- set to 0, users will remain in “guest” and there will be no countdown. Reminder, the show must be non-explicit if in guest.
User experience – Performance
Users watching your performance will not see a timer while in the show. Those outside the show (if minimum buy in was greater than 0) will see how much time is left in your performance and will be allowed to join for the specified buy in amount.
- If users join during your performance, in-line chat alerts and earnings in your stats will appropriately display GOLD Show.
You want to try Gold Shows?
Make sure you have at least 4.5 ratings and that you are streaming in HD first, then contact me if it’s still not available for you.